In the Middle Ages, having old Croatian noble lineage Subic, later in the hands of the diocese of Sibenik and Sibenik nobility, Pirovac, with its beautiful beaches always been a privileged place for relaxation, a place for comfortable living. This is evidenced by the old records Pirovcu (first mention is found in the documents from the late 13th century), but also the remains of settlements from the Roman Empire to the nearby island of St.. Stephen. The resort is particularly quickly developed during the 15th and 16th century when it was inhabited by the refugees from the Turkish invasion. Numerous historical monuments from that time testify to the dynamic development of the ancient centuries: Gothic sarcophagus with a relief from 1447 g. In the chapel of Vrancic-Draganic family in the local cemetery, the Church of St.. George from 1506 which is the 18th st.obnovljena in Baroque style, the remains of the Franciscan monastery on the island of St. Stephen from 1511.
Interesting is the legend that says Pirovac during a period in history called the “evil village”, because the local villagers to defend the Turkish conquerors poured olive oil.
Monuments and memorials
Several valuable cultural and historical monuments. Important monuments from that period are: ancient town walls built in 1505 and the church of St. George was built in 1506, and by Petar Draganic. The church was reconstructed in the 18th century in Baroque style, Gothic sarcophagus in the chapel of Vrancic – Draganic is located at the local cemetery with a relief from 1447 and the remains of the old franjevačkogsamostana from 1511 on the island of St. Stephen. On the island they found the remains of Roman civilization.
Pirovac on the map Croatian
Coordinates: 43 ° 49’N 15 ° 40’E
Mayor Ivan Gulam
Settlements in the municipality of Kasic, Pirovac, Putičanje